As in many parts of Africa, Sierra Leone faces a significant challenge in advancing the ‘urban’ in the country’s development agenda, owing mainly to the lack of relevant, evidence-based knowledge on the processes and trends influencing urban development. There is, therefore, a real need for the development of a policy framework to support urban centres in becoming engines of growth and providers of economic opportunities for inclusive development.
- ABOUT US
- Urban Health (Scoping of Urban Health Systems in Freetown Informal Settlements)
- Urban Livelihoods and the City Economy (Urban Livelihoods and Gender in Freetown Informal Settlement)
- Urban Vulnerability and Resilience (Urban Humanitarian Response and Empowerment)
- Urban Vulnerability and Resilience (Profiling Urban Risk)
- RESOURCE UNIT
- Six interns from Sierra Leone join the DPU/SLURC