With the support of its partners at the University College London, SLURC supported a delegation from Freetown to attend the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat II) in Quito, Ecuador from 17th to 20th October 2016. The delegation included Sam Gibson, Mayor of Freetown, and Sulaiman Parker, the Environment and Social Officer of Freetown City Council and the two co-directors of the Sierra Leone Urban Research Centre (SLURC), Dr. Joseph Macarthy and Braima Koroma. One of the highlights at the conference was the that SLURC was launched internationally through a press conference to explain how it operates as an urban learning alliance introducing a new mode of urban knowledge production through partnerships with central and local government, universities, civil society organizations, and local communities.
SLURC Participation in the International conference on Urban Risk and Development Stakeholder Meeting: Data, Knowledge and Capacity.
- ABOUT US
- Urban Health (Scoping of Urban Health Systems in Freetown Informal Settlements)
- Urban Livelihoods and the City Economy (Urban Livelihoods and Gender in Freetown Informal Settlement)
- Urban Vulnerability and Resilience (Urban Humanitarian Response and Empowerment)
- Urban Vulnerability and Resilience (Profiling Urban Risk)
- RESOURCE UNIT
- Six interns from Sierra Leone join the DPU/SLURC